The Perfect Keto Meal to Warm You Up at Night: Keto Three Meat Chili
When you go on the keto diet, it can be such a challenge to give up your favorite meals. Thankfully, there are ways to alter the foods you love into the perfect keto meal that will satisfy your cravings, keep you in ketosis, and make you dig in for a second helping.
What could be more satisfying of a keto meal than chili? Now, before you point out that chili has beans, this keto meal is a three-meat chili without a single bean in it. So, you can indulge in the warming delights of chili on a chilly night without guilt!
This hearty keto meal is a winner for dinner on any winter night. You can also make a big batch on the weekend for meal prep or to freeze for busy nights, so you will always have a keto meal ready to go when you are.
How to Make Keto Three Meat Chili
It’s so simple to make this keto meal that is sure to stay in your rotation throughout these long, cold months. You will use ground beef, brisket, and beef sausage links to get a wonderful meaty flavor. Like regular chili, you will brown the beef first and drain off the fat.
But then the fun begins with the other 2 portions of meat, the tomato sauce, and the vegetables. Once it all comes to a boil, you get to let it simmer and develop a rich and delightful texture. You can also choose to brown that ground beef and then add everything to your slow cooker, so you have this delicious keto meal waiting for you when you come in from the cold.
When it’s ready, serve it with sour cream, shredded cheese, onions, and jalapenos if you desire. Those keto-friendly toppings will only serve to enhance this keto meal. No more chili FOMO for you. You can try it with one of the savory keto-friendly options at Kai’s Baking to fully round out the meal.
Keto Three Meat Chili
The best keto meal to warm you up, loaded with protein and plenty of flavor without any beans yet with all the taste you love from chili!
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1lb ground beef
1/2-pound smoked brisket
2-3 beef sausage links
1 large can of tomato sauce 29oz
1 cup of water
1 large can of diced tomatoes with peppers
2 packs of chili seasoning
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt to taste
Optional toppings: sour cream, cheese, onions, and jalapeño
1. Start this keto meal by adding the ground beef to a large deep pot and cook over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. After it is fully cooked, drain that fat out of the pan.
2. Dice the sausage and brisket.
3. Add the sausage and brisket, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with peppers, water, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir it all together well.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour for the best taste and texture.
5. You can also make this keto meal in your slow cooker. Simply brown the ground beef and drain the fat first, then dice the sausage and brisket and add it all to your slow cooker.
6. When your keto meal is ready to eat, serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheddar, onion, and jalapeno.
Missing something like bread check these out Keto Cornbread or Keto Texas Cornbread