Keto Pumpkin Pie
- 5 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree (watch the sugar content do not get pumpkin pie in a can definitely not keto!)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. keto-friendly sweetener. (The brown or golden variety seems to work the best)
- 3 large eggs gently beaten
- 5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (if you’d like to garnish it)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl or your stand mixer bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Add melted butter and egg and mix until a dough forms (try not to over mix it and it will look crumbly). Press dough evenly into a 9” pie plate, then use a fork or a pie roller to place several holes all over crust.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10 or so minutes depending on your oven. (Tip 1 Gently wrap the pie crust in foil just enough to cover the outer rim of the pie crust this will keep it from over-browning.
- Wait about 10-20 minutes before adding the filling in the meanwhile let’s get the filling going
- In a large bowl, or your stand mixer bowl mix together pumpkin, heavy whipping cream, keto sweetener, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until smooth (don’t mix it too high just get it to be nice and smooth). Pour pumpkin filling into crust.
- Bake until filling is slightly wiggly in the middle and the crust is golden, 45 to 50 minutes. (if you chose to forgo tip 1 and you notice your crust is browning to fast cover the edges of the crust in foil)
- Take the pie out of the oven and let it sit for one hour minimum
- Garnish with whipped cream