Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients for 4 Servings
1 1/2 cup riced cauliflower
3 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 tbsp melted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp, freshly chopped thyme
1/2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat over to 350°. Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, microwave cauliflower for 3-4 minutes or until soft and tender. Let cool. When cool enough to handle, transfer cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt, egg yolks, melted butter, garlic and about a quarter of the whipped egg whites. Beat until well combined, then stir in microwaved cauliflower.
- Fold in the remaining egg whites and mix until just incorporated. (Mixture should be fluffy) Fold in the thyme and most of the parsley (save some for topping). Transfer batter to prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Bake until the top is golden, about 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Sprinkle slices with Parmesan and more parsley before serving.