Keto Not-so Cornbread
Comfort Your Soul with Keto Not-So-Cornbread
By far, one of the most comforting foods on the planet is cornbread. Sadly though, corn is on the list of no-no’s when it comes to keto meals. So how can you have your cornbread and eat it too without falling out of ketosis?
Simple! Follow our Keto Not-So-Cornbread recipe and you will get that fantastic flavor without a single kernel of corn to trip you up. Whether you are just starting your keto diet adventure, or you simply are having a hard time coping without bread, you will love this ‘cornbread’ option that will go great with your next keto meal. It is easy too and will allow you to wrap some up to enjoy later.
In fact, you can make it with our Keto Three Meat Chili for the perfect keto meal pairing that checks all the boxes for satisfaction without compromising your diet goals. Win-win!
How to Make Keto Cornbread
Do not worry as the recipe below is for our Keto Not-So-Cornbread and there is no corn involved in the creation of it. All the ingredients are completely keto-friendly. Plus, it is a versatile recipe too. You can add jalapeno peppers to make it spicy. Or bacon, to make it bacon-y. And cheese! Who does not love cheese?
Perhaps our favorite way to use this recipe is for our Thanksgiving Dressing! Follow us on YouTube @kaisbakingstudio to see how it is done and surprise your family with amazing flavors while keeping it a keto meal.
Our Keto Not-So-Cornbread is so simple to make. It involves greasing your pan, combining the ingredients (a stand mixer makes it so much faster), adding in optional fun items like bacon, jalapenos, or cheese, and then baking. You can enjoy it with any keto meal, especially our Keto Three Meat Chili!
This keto-friendly cornbread contains no corn but has all the flavors you miss from your favorite southern side dish that pairs perfectly with Keto Three Meat Chili!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup erythritol/monk fruit sweetener (or a little more if you like it sweet ½ cup total)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (if you want you can skip it, but it holds it together)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup of water (may add up to ¼ extra water if needed)
Optional ingredients to add in if desired:
- Bacon crumbles ½ cup
- 2 medium diced or sliced jalapeños
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Choose your pan – a regular baking pan, muffin pan, or cast iron/oven-proof skillet.
- Spray your chosen pan with cooking spray or melt some butter into it if using a skillet.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Stir in the eggs and butter. Then slowly stir in 1/4 cup of the water. If it is too thick, add more water a little at a time until it is to the desired texture.
- If using any optional ingredients such as bacon, jalapeno, or cheese, stir them in now.
- Spread the not-so-cornbread batter into your pan or skillet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. You can check with a toothpick too by inserting it into the center. When it comes out clean, it is done!
Enjoy with keto chili or your favorite keto meal!